About this Event
The 30th Annual Run for Jon will take place on Saturday, August 29th at Forrence Orchards in Peru, NY. The Run For Jon raises money to support the Jonathan Evans Memorial Fund, designed to help North Country families with expenses connected to the care and treatment of a sick child.
Due to current health concerns, we have made various changes to this year’s event.
Please read all race information!
There will only be a 2.5 mile course. There will not be a kids’ fun run or walk event. Walkers and children are welcome to register for the 2.5 mile event.
We will also offer a virtual race event this year.
In the event that the race is cancelled, all registrants will be entered in the virtual event.
Registration and Packet Pickup
- We will only offer online registration for this race. There will be no race-day registration.
- Registration deadlines:
- Registration with T-shirt: Sunday, Aug. 16 at 12 PM (noon).
- Race only (no t-shirt): Friday, Aug. 28 at 12 PM (noon).
- Registration fees (virtual and onsite event):
- Race: $10
- Race and t-shirt: $20
- Shirt only: $12
- Drive-thru packet pick-up will be Friday, Aug. 28 from 6-8 PM and on Saturday, Aug. 29 from 8-10 AM (at Forrence Orchards, Mannix Road, 2731 NY-22, Peru, NY 12972).
Race Start and Finish Areas
- The start/finish take place at Forrence Orchards, Mannix Road, 2731 NY-22, Peru, NY 12972
- Racers will start in waves to minimize gatherings of people in the start/finish areas. You will receive a wave assignment (start time) after registration. Please arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before your start time.
- Please proceed to your car as soon as possible after finishing your race.
- Everyone must wear a face covering while they are on the race grounds, except while running.
Results & Awards Ceremonies
- There will be no awards ceremony.
- Results will be posted online and emailed after the event.
- The following awards will be shipped to the participant after the event:
- 1st-3rd Overall Male/Female
- Age group awards for top male and female: 0-14,15-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60-69,70+
Schedule of Events:
Waves go every 20 minutes
Wave 1 - (Elite Wave) 4:00 pm
Wave 2 - 4:20 pm
Wave 3 - 4:40 pm
Wave 4 - 5:00 pm
Wave 5 - 5:20 pm
Wave 6 - 5:40 pm
Wave 7 - 6:00 pm
T-Shirts: unisex S, M, L, XL, XXL You Must register by August 16th in order to get a shirt. You may register up until August 28th without a shirt.
Timing and Finish line Services
Timing services provided by Underdog Race Timing. Results will be available immediately after the race at: www.underdogtiming.com
Virtual Race Instructions:
How to Record & Upload Your Run Results with the IYR Results App
1. Download the IYR Virtual App to your phone from the App store Both Apple and Android devices will work.
2. Login using the email address you registered with
3. Search for this event
4. Go to "Tracker" and click "Ready to Start My Race"
5. Run or Walk the distance you signed up for and the app will automatically upload your results (as long as your login email matches your registration email)
6. Check your results
How to Manually upload your results: